1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate?? On smaller commercial property

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cgermond1, Nov 8, 2015.

1. cgermond1

cgermond1 Junior Member

HEY GUYS IM LOOKING AT A COMMERCIAL PROPERTY I NEED TO GIVE AN ESTIMATE ON and this being my second year in this business im not to sure how to estimate this commercial property, last year all i did was residential so im here asking for help or what you would bid for this job [​IMG]

this property is based in central new york and the services that will need to be done are as follows snow removal between 2-3 inches, snow shoveled away from side walks, and rock salt to be placed om entranceways front.back and side

anyone whom is willing to help me i do appreciate very much!! please remember when responding that everyone has been new at one time or another and has or is just starting out!!! i look forward to connecting with you thanks in advance!!!! Chris

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Looked it up on google earth...I see right angle corners hemmed in by guard rails, a wooden fence to accidentally smash, generally tight with all 4 sides needing to be cleared, and no good place to stack snow.
    That will take a while. I will guess $120 a push, not to include the cost of salt.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a joke?

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

It is about as wide as a long piece of rope and as deep as a shorter piece of rope. The side walk is as long as a piece of string. Could you quote it from that.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

$32.50, salt extraThumbs Up

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder how some people are in business... :dizzy:

Sounds like a $20 lot, salt for $10, and sidewalks for $5. Thumbs Up

OP, can you post a link or screenshot of it on FindLotSize.com?
    Give us something to work with here.

7. Buswell Forest

from NH

The address is 1919 Teall avenue Syracuse NY. If you click his little icon, and "view picture", it comes up as a real estate ad on Trulia.

8. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

The icon won't even work for me.

But OP if you don't know how to price, maybe you are not ready for it?

9. Mark Oomkes

I don't see an icon.

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I see one :)

11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

$22,000 all inclusive for the season

12. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

OP,
    I think you started out on the wrong foot. Give a address. Your client worrying about snow service a little late. Be careful of those guys someone sold him out or he's looking for economy service. Most had contracts signed 50 or more days ago.

IF this is not a joke Syracuse is not a good place to not have a contractor secured and equipment dedicated.

13. Mark Oomkes

On a PC and I still am not seeing an icon.

14. LapeerLandscape

I can see a symbol (square box with an x in it) but wont do anything.

15. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I did some digging in the broken link he posted and came up with this:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3161838186-1919-Teall-Ave-Syracuse-NY-13206

[​IMG]

OP, I don't know what your market or costs are like. That is what is important here. How much do you need to make an hour?

Personally plowing only I would be at $50/push plus salt. I can't tell what the place has for walks, and are the city walks included?

16. Buswell Forest

from NH

The street view shows a wooden stockade fence along the "bottom" edge, and the front guard rails form L spaces on both corners that will take time to clean...then all 4 edges of the building will need a shave...then you need to carry the snow to a spot out back I would guess...how can you do that for $50? If you can, OK, but I wouldn't even slow down to look at it for less than $100. I can see 20 minutes there, easy. Maybe more. Granted, I think in terms of plowing after a storm, and not every 3 inches...

17. LapeerLandscape

$100. plus and 20 minutes to do it, that's $300. an hour. I like the way you think.

18. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Ever heard of JA? His poison snow pricing extends beyond the shores of Erie. I make it work for the market. I was guessing 15-20 minutes to plow for one of my guys, probably less for me. 2 inches per push.

19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Jim, I live 40 miles west of Syracuse. He could get $100.00 per push easy for that job. There average snow fall is around 116''. Just my opinion.

I realize the difference in price for different area's and you have to be competitive. The service in my area would be on the economy side but not Syracuse.

20. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Fred, I was by no means stating that he couldn't get that price in that market. I was simply stating what I could charge for that in my area. I'm in the Ghetto of snow pricing. Its not as bad of a ghetto as Erie, but I would kill to be able to charge the kind of pricing some of you guys get.