1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate my potential new lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bad Luck, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

This is a pizzaria. High traffic area. Two doors down from my house.

The blue lines indicate sidewalks/walkways that need to be cleared and salted. White indicates areas that snow can be piled in.

As you can see it's not that big of a lot, maybe 4-5 cars.

I was thinking $125-$150/push. Salt included when snow plowing is required. Otherwise salt is priced at $40-50/application.

What does everyone think?

2. kobzjv

kobzjv Junior Member

your way over priced,$70 including salt is a fair price for 35 mins. work
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

That's way too low for out here in NJ. Cost of salt plus cost of paying someone to shovel/blow sidewalk or lost time to do it myself is too high. When all is said and done I'd be putting $20 in my pocket.
  4. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

how was you able to take pic like that :eek:
  5. kobzjv

kobzjv Junior Member

here in ohio if you can make $75 hr thats good money,i pay contractors price $3.19 per 50# BAG of salt.out here i'm just saying you have to be within reason if you want repeat business,theres just to much competion and real low ballers out there.
  6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

What are you going to do with the snow if it builds up? removal? I would plow,shovel by the hour $150/hr salt sand by the pound/ton cost plus time plus profit. cost=XX time = $150/hr profit = 30% profit margen. you can figure it for your ares from there.

as for the picture it was probably taken from one of these sites.
    it is a sattlelite photo
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

$125 for the plow,shovel,salt sounds fine but $40 for salt only is to low. Don't forget you have to salt the walks as well as the parking lot. More like $125 and $75. JMO
  8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Google Earth.
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

here in toledo.. realistically $35 for the plow $15 for the walks and $40 for salt..... myself would be about $50 for the plow $30 on the walks and $60 for salt
  10. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

how many times are you going to push that lot? how many times you going to sand it,salt?and definately need to charge by the ton for salt, and hour for plowing, why you guys buying salt by the bag? dont you have any salt suppliers around area?
  11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

$150 per push including walks, and $100 per application(rock salt on the lot calcium on the walks) for 1-3".
    3-6" - $200/100
    Thats average for NJ.
  12. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

I agree with this also. Looks like alot of sidewalk to clear which takes time and sucks.