1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

estimate help!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by baddboygeorge, Nov 1, 2003.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

i have a company that wants me to plow a lot that is 195 thousand square foot . its an open lot nothing in the way what do ya think let me know thanks

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

That's like 7 football fields! That will take a lot of trucks or at least 2 machines with snow pushers. Are you capable of providing such a service?

3. baddboygeorge

the lot is 650 wide by 350 foot belive it or not a guy who had the contract last year did it all with one bobcat . i have three trucks . down here a big snow is 4-6 inches anything over 10-12 the city shuts down

4. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Ok you are talking about nearly 5 acres.

What size plows?

Does it have lights, islands, hills, speed bumps.

Give us some specifics and so we can better assist you.

5. baddboygeorge

roselawn

it has 6 lite poles an a loading dock in the rear that is a must its 75 feet wide an it angles down towards the building

6. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Alright, hey what size plows and do they have wings or any gadgets on them?

7. baddboygeorge

roselawn

plows are meyers 7'6 thats all

8. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Just guessing, not knowing your drivers' experience level, I would say 2 trucks could probably whip that job in 2 hours. I base that on the rule of thumb that an 8' plow in 2-4" can do an acre per hour. So if it is a big open lot then you should be able to push a little faster (MPH). Then just take what your trucks should make per hour and multiply it times 4.