1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate help - my time sound right?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lumps, Oct 14, 2008.

1. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I'm estimating 4 hours on this with a dump truck with a 10' blade, does that sound about right? Note that I had to draw in a building and part of the parking lot, they were put there after that photo was taken, haha. All of the lots outlined in red need to be plowed.

[​IMG]

2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I'm estimating the plowable area at just under 3 acres, but it's more complex than a wide open lot, hence the extra hour. Sound right?

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I would estimate about 3 hours, so that seems reasonable. (add a little fudge factor)

plus, i'ts kinda hard to tell from the pic.

But 3 hours seems reasonable.

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

id say less than 2 hours with a pick up , or 3 with a dump depending on how good your driver is at backing up

5. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

4 hours would be a tad to much and you may be out bid.
    my suggestion would be to use a pick -up as elite mentioned. quiker and more profit even if you take an hour off your 4 hour thoughts

6. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I wasn't sure about making some of those pushes with a pickup, that's why I was thinking the dump (for example, that section across the top from road to the end is just under 500'). But if a pickup will do it, that would make things much easier and quicker. Thanks for the advice all!

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i really dont see why a pick up couldnt do it. 500 feet isnt that fare

8. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I've never plowed anything that big before, so I wasn't sure.

9. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

How did you post this pic?

10. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Apparently the people last year did this for about half what I submitted. At a normal hourly rate, it would come out to just over 1.5 hours per push.