1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

est prices on Boss XT plows?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Im definitly getting a new plow and larger spreader this year, or a spreader at all.

Whats the going prices for the 8ft 2" power V XT with smartlocks and all installed? Im in NJ so local few states are the only close areas to have it installed.

Im also looking at the Boss TGS 1100, thats an 1100lb hopper? What one of these cost $1k? $1500? Would a dealer knock a couple % off for buying both at the same time?

Is the XT something that is a huge benefit over last years non XT model? I know ive seen those for $4500~ installed or less even say on ebay deals and so forth. Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

In my area the prices are going to be up right now because the season has started. No there is no snow but most companys stop with early bird specails in mid october. So for that plow you are pry looking at somewhere ballpark of 6200 bucks installed if not more yet. Depending on a dealer. On might get you a discount if you buy both but I would have to guess that he doesn't have either in stock at the moment. Maybe the plow. Salter if your lucky. For the spreader I would guess ballpark 3000 grand installed. The 1100 does not hold that much salt either. It will hold 11 cubic feet or 800 pounds of salt. Around 12 50 pound bags. Hope this helps you out. Also all the xt will do for you is lay your windrows out flatter and farther. This also depends on how fast your going which depends on what you are plowing. To me the xt is a great plow for private drives and big open lots.

Ryan

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Boss Xt Plows

i Sell The Power V Xt's For The Following

8.2 Xt Steel
    Smart Locks
    Plow Top
    Install

$5650.00

9.2 Xt Steel
    Smart Locks
    Plow Top
    Install

$5850.00

just A Idea For You

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

im guessing the 8'2" is about 5K without the install then???

5. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

No Install $$

$5150.00 CASH N CARRY

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought 3 new V's this fall.

The XT cost me $5500 installed, the 2 reg. V's cost me $5200 installed.

This was with a multi unit discount.

I'm sure if you wanted to buy a plow and spreader as a package, you'd get a discount.

I know I just got an email from CPW if you bought a plow / spreader package, they'd knock something like $300 off the total.

If you want to see a picture of the two plows side by side, XT and reg. V, look up my thread in pictures under "The Twins".

7. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i just recently paid 5200 installed for my 9.2 v xt.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

The05HD is right about on with my dealer here as far as the plows go. The spreaders....I dont have the slightest clue:confused:

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

thanks guys... ive seen the 1000lb capacity tailgate snowex brand spreader for like $1495? Seriously is the boss 1100 800lb capacity spreader really 3k? Im going for a full box spreader in the back bed then :p

10. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Just wondering, I bought a new 8'2" poly V before last season, used 4 times, stored inside. Any idea on how much a dealer would charge to trade that in for the V-XT? Just curious.

11. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Plow Trade

I MYSELF WOOULD GO $2800.00 TRADE IN

IT WOULD COST YOU $1850.00 TO TRADE UP TO A 8.2 POWER V XT

THATS MY SALES PITCH FOR YOU.....

12. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

In Northeast Ohio I just purchased a TGS 1100 with RT3 mount for 1700.00 and I installed it.

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Then there is a company in my area making a killing on the spreaders. The dealer told me 2500 not installed for the tgs 1100 and it would be 1700 for the baby spreader. I was like f that!