1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Essential tools in your plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOSS LAWN, Jan 28, 2012.

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

What are a few of your essential (MUST HAVE) tools you keep in your truck?

I always like to keep

Ice scraper/snowbrush
    ratchet/socket set
    Measuring wheel
    camera tripod
    tire iron
    tow straps (in case my monster gets stuck... haha never) Thumbs Up
    screwdriver set
    1 Gallon water (if washer fluid runs out) :cry:
    2 windshield washer fluids
    2 quarts oil
    radiator fluid
    large oversized pink pig with oversized jacket which includes misc. screws, nails, bolts! :jester:
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I keep food. Plus some tools and crud I probably dont need. about 300 jackets it seems like since they are just in a big mess of a pile. Toolbox.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Pipe Wrench.

For whenever I get a jam in my spreader auger. I put the pipe wrench on the end of the auger shaft and work it out.

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

A Case Of Beer (Budweiser)

I.... Bottle Of Vodka (Greygoose)

A Bottle Full Of Muscle Relaxers and Vicoden

A roll of Toilet Paper....In case i have to many beers and have the Trots......:salute:
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Serious satellite radio set to classic vinyl lithium playboy or Hits 1.. Maybe the weather channel.
  6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Funny thing, I don't keep anything previously mentioned in my plow truck... A chain and a few shovells and we're good to go
  7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

There is no need for it in the city really. There is a tim or 7-11 or something on every corner so if your thirsty you can pull in there. If you need to take a leak well....
  8. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

A 12 pack of bud cans, 40ft towstrap , winter boots incase I gotta get out, can of FF, big azz hammer, and a Tim's card
  9. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Cell Phone and a good Credit Card.
  10. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Cell phone a few towstraps a tool set a big frickin pry bar a BFH. 2 courts of mortar oil. A court of plow oil. Washer fluid a spare
    Ice scraper. Some snacks lots of water and cold weather gear. And my hair band CDS. And a small Jack and Jack stand. A 2" ratchet strap. 20.00 in cash and a credit card.

I love my Z
  11. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

9mm is pretty much all
  12. blazer2plower

That's a small socket LOL no ratchet to go with it.
  13. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Its only small intill I throw it lol:gunsfiring:
  14. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Whole asst. of all the different hand tools, spare pins, huge and small crow bars, big hammer, butane/map gas torch, chain and tow strap. Like mentioned if there was a problem in town I'd just go to the shop and do it in heat but I guess you never know.
  15. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

:gunsfiring:Oh ya the rabbit gun for down time sideroad hunting!

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Jumper cables, Ether, Log Chain, cell phone, straps,butane torch, complete electrical box with wire and all connections, full set of wrenches, sockets, hammer, bigger hammer, pry bar, several vice grips, crescent wrenches,misc pins for mounts, 5 gallons of hydraulic oil, a few jugs of 911 deisel treatment. A picture of my mother in law to keep me angry and awake. Sandwiches, water. I have been amazed over the years of how one little problem can shut you down so badly at the worst time, and for some reason whatever the current problem is its the one thing you dont have with you. But we always get everything done.
  17. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:Thumbs Up
  18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

snacks, bottle of water, hand winch, shovels, auger wrench, socket set, hammer, pliers, wd40 fluid film, starting fluid, lighter, jumper pack, straps, Tylenol, tape, tire repair kit, orange triangles, fire extinguisher, screwdrivers, camera, rags, hydro oil, snow scraper, bunjees, first aid kit, gloves,
    I am sure I am forgetting a few things but I keep all that in my trucks and they are single cabs no tool boxes.
  19. blazer2plower

I bet your truck looks like my 2door blazer. My girl friend won't ride in my blazer till spring. It's funny it starts out. All clean and organized. By mid winter it looks like a pig pen. My shi$ all over.
  20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Actually they stay pretty organized I have it all organized behind the seats the front does get a little messy during a storm but I clean the trucks out after every storm
    heres a picture of one side of the dump behind the driver seat

behind seatt of dump.jpg

behind seatt of dump.jpg