1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

esitmates for residential lots?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RedneckPlowGuy, Oct 17, 2006.

1. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

Hey guys, im new to this and id like to know how you all figure eestimates fr residential lots with 1 to 2 sidewalks, lets say the driveway avg. length is 50' long by 12-15' wide, we also have quite a few 3 stall garage driveways that are about 30-40' long. Also, if i consider snading/salting what would i charge additionally for that

2. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Well, I don't know how anyone else does it but you have to factor in several things including what your market is like.

I worked out what I wanted to make per hour for myself, then added what it cost me to run my equipment per hour and any other expenses I had to cover then I divided this number by 60 to come up with a per minute rate..then all you have to do is estimate how long it will take you to do the job in minutes and multiply by your per minute rate.

You will probably want to set a minimum also for those smaller jobs, just to make it worth our time to go to the job. Oh and don't forget to factor in depreciation and repair costs for your equipment. Also make sure you are estimating how long it will take you when it is a foot of snow or more and the wet heavy stuff...