1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Erskine VS. Bobcat brand blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Schuley, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Buying a blower for my skid. Narrowed it down to the Bobcat, and Erskine, I can get either pretty close to me.
    Can anyone give me some input that might now more than I do? Bobcat guy says their blower is "the same thing as the Erskine" and the Erskine guy says they are the same but the Erskine ones are built heavier. Is this true? does anyone have problems with their bobcat blowers? I can get a bobcat quite a bit cheaper than the erskine, im just a little confused on the pricing, if they are the "same". If the bobcat is cheap, i'd spend the money on the better one. But if they are infact the same, well i'll but the cheaper one.
    Thanks

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Some years they were the exact same blowers. I don't know the exacts of it now, but I think the erskine is built a little stronger. I own both and the 10 year old Erskine seems better built than my newer bobcat blowers.

3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I have bobcat blowers, one is 5 yrs old, no issues.

4. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

I just bought a new 73" Erskine ES2010. They have been redesigned so, it doesn't have skid shoes, and the auger leads the side plates. The erskine was cheaper than the bobcat when I priced them in october.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

just picked up a new redesigned 2410x 85" this year, will let you know as soon as i get to use it!

6. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I have a few videos of my bobcat blower, the biggest blower they make at highflow. the only issue that I have had is with the fan. I have had to remove the fan and straighten the paddles, the Erskin fan is built stronger, with the erskin blower you will need another cable to run the controls. but not a big deal

Go on youtube.com and search for "richthecliffs"

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Never had a blower for the skid, so I cant tell you which brand I think is better....but something else to think about, is which dealer is going to treat you better over the long haul with support if/when needed. I've bought attachments, and seen/used other peoples attachments from "quickattach"/"erskin" (i think they are the same co.). The buckets are not as heavy duty as Bobcat brand imo, but some of the other things are pretty nice. Prices havent seem to be much different between the 2 when I have bought, or got quotes. Also Bobcat is offering 24 month 0% fin right now. Good luck, i think you'll be happy with either.

Cool vids Rich!!

8. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

ordered the "Erskine" or "Quick Attach" wich they told me its the same company just a different sticker....? goofy but ok. I called and talked to someone, and they called me back the next day wanting to sell me one bad. 73" with the controls for my skid, hoses and couplers, everything ready to hook up and go, and delivered to my door for $4800.... they had some promotion going i guess. I'm hoping to get some vids up this year, hope it works out good for me!

9. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I ordered a bobct blower last week. I spent an hr or so on the phone with the guys from erskin. Great guys and very helpful. My problem was there wasnt much for service around me and then the bobcat dealer we work with mentioned the 0% financing and the price a bit less so we went with that.
    The 0% was a big seller. It wasn't that we couldnt pay for it but why tie up money when you can borrow it for free.

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

its funny cause i ordered my erskine through a bobcat dealer/rental yard. nice small local operation with killer rates.

11. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

you willl be happy with either blower. I would like to get both blower to drag race in 3 feet of naturally compacted snow. I bet that they will both operate the same... SUPPORT and parts are the issue, if the blower breaks, its gonna be at 3 in the morning with 20hrs of blowing left to do.....so you need support first thing in the morning to get the blower repaired and back on the job...