1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Erskine Snowblower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bh115577, Dec 7, 2009.

1. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Just got a 2400X hi flo snowblower and was wondering if anyone else has had much experience with them. Are there any parts that don't hold up well and I should have on the shelf? Anything I should watch out for? Thanks.

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I have one Erskine and two Bobcat blowers... They all hold up good with no real problems. Depending on the amount of use, the cutting edge (standard wear item) and then the shoots seem to break off. I've re-welded two of mine back together. We think the constant pressure and the continual turning of the shoot causes the wear. Nothing major, just some thin metal and a welder. In the field we bring a basic wrench to tighten the chain slack between the motor and shoot, seems to loosen every so often.
    Good luck.
    What will you be running this on?

3. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

It's going on a NH LX985. We will be using it mostly for blowing piles of snow off of our parking garage roof. I'm worried it won't hold up to the beating it is sure to see. Thanks for the input.

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I've beefed ours up with a few gussets (?) and custom shoes, haven't had a problem yet. They hold up better than you'd think. Don't use it as a bucket.