1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

erratic e47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KGWDTSi, Nov 9, 2010.

1. KGWDTSi

KGWDTSi Junior Member
    from ct

Hello guys. I am new here and have been searching from some answers for a week or so. I recently purcahsed a used e47 plow. My problem I am having is that the plow angles left and right fine but will not raise. When I go to raise the plow, it angles left 90% of the time. From searching and the troubleshooting flow chart, is says check the b valve. I have checked the b valve and it seems to be working properly. I applied 12volts to each valve and the b and c valves make an audible click. Does this mean the valve is working properly or could ther be another problem even if they click? When I went to check the a valve, it did not click. Pulled the valve and the coil was stuck to the valve. Also sometimes (less than 5% of the time) when I go to angle right, the plow lifts. Would a faulty a valve cause all the problems or is it likely something else also. Thanks

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

www.smithbrothersservices.com is your friend when it comes to meyers plows. They have a online video or you can find it on youtube.

Regards Mike

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A defective (sticking) B valve and/or a control/wiring harness issue. The only way it can lift instead of angling right is if the B valve is stuck open from the last raise function or the controller is sending voltage to the incorrect coil, thus it can be a control/harness or B valve issue. Need to do further diagnosis to determine which, or if both are faulty.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi B&B since we are talking about E-47s which do you like better the ball coupler or the pin style coupler?

Thanks Mike

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I prefer the pin style but they have to be of good quality to be reliable. No aftermarket generic brands.

6. KGWDTSi

KGWDTSi Junior Member
    from ct

Thanks for your replies. I had a feeling I may need the b valve also. One other question for you. I see they have different shaft diamteres for the a valve. If you swap the complete valve and coil can you use either size, or are the valve end different?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, as long as the coil and valve stem sizes stay matched you can swap between them.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy the one with the larger stem, much more durable:nod: