1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eric... are we gonna be plowing tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Mar 12, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Intellicast says "Snow", temps look like they're gonna be right.

Could it be?!?! You mean we might actually?!?!? Naaa... it'll be nice and sunny.

-Tim

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I hope it snows, so you stop balling.

I told ya you want snow, come to Maine, and I will load your truck for free and buy ya lunch.

Geoff

3. SlimJim Z71

Geoff,

If you had gone the past 2+ months with no snow, I think we'd be hearing a little complaining from you too.

As far as coming to Main, I'd love to. But it's a little bit more of a hike than I can do... not having two consecutive days off and all.

-Tim

4. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Tim

Wouldn't that be "snow balling?"

Geoff

Here's the deal. You fed-ex me some of that snow and I'll fed-ex you some Skyline Chili dogs and a five-way.

Bruce

5. SlimJim Z71

Even just a little snow would be nice right now. Everything looks all dirty and messy right now. It'd be nice to have a nice white coating on all the remaining piles.

Supposedly, we're supposed to get a few snow showers today, but I don't think we'll get anything worth putting the plow back on for.

-Tim

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Well that one fizzled out. Looks like a good day to go to Dundee and watch them film the movie. Maybe I can go take Tom Hanks out to coffee when he is on break. It's amazing how many movies get shot around here. :)

7. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Eric

When you're done with coffee get a picture of him in your truck and post it for us. It must be nice to hobknob with the movie royalty.
    But really the weather is still looking like it has a few tricks up it's sleeve.

Bruce

8. Eric ELM

from Chicago

Picture out of the paper from yesterday.

The snow is fake, they said it is made from paper. :)

[​IMG]

[Edited by Eric ELM on 03-14-2001 at 12:05 AM]

9. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

Just to the right on that picture (sorry you can't see it) is the river walk we landscaped last year:)

10. SlimJim Z71

Think they's get mad if I went through and did some plowing? LOL

Yeah, Eric, they do seem to shoot movies out this way quite a bit. When they shot Groundhog Day out in Woodstock, my sister almost ran over Bill Murray. He was screwing around of course, but she was backing out of a parking spot and he jumped behind her car and scared the @%!# out of her. That would've been a story to tell...

As far as the snow goes, yes, the Tuesday storm failed us once again. BUT... when I woke up this morning, my phone had a little message on it from the National Weather Service: ...A MAJOR LATE WINTER STORM TO AFFECT THE MIDWEST TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY.

I wonder if there's any truth to this one?

-Tim

11. Eric ELM

from Chicago

The weather guessers said tonight that if this tracks right, we could get 6". I will let you know how much we got when it's done, just like they do. :D

Oh I got some more pictures, these are nice. I'll put them in the off topic forum a bit later when I get a chance.

Eric

12. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

SlimJimZ71:

The NWS map I saw has 2 -4 inches predicted for the Kansas City area on Thursday 3/15/01 starting around 6:00 p.m.

The storm line seems to run directly towards Chicago at this time.

Just wash the truck again, plan a day fishing etc. and it will snow.

No charge for the suggestions :cool:

13. SlimJim Z71

Fishing sounds good right about now.

I should've thought to wash the truck again... what was I thinking??!?!!?

-Tim