1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ergent Help Needed, 04 PSD brakes

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fireboy6413, Feb 26, 2010.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I was out plowing before and got stuck, Finally when I got the truck out I was driving and when I depress the brakes the steering wheel gets real tight, almost as if the truck stalled out, and at the same time the brakes feel as if I have no fluid. I checked the fluids and they appear to be where they should Be

2. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

did you check power steering as that is your brake boost?

3. fireboy6413

fluids seem ok, how else can I check the power steering

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

your belt is slipping. it runs BOTH the steering and the brakes, when you step on the brakes the added work causes the belt to slip. Belt is wet or got oil on it from ?

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Had that happen to my 98' chevy last year, some hydroboost or something. don't know if your truck runs the same system. Brakes and power steering were gone. Anyway I needed a new unit, whatever it was. Sorry I can't tell you specifics, I just don't know enough about it.

6. fireboy6413

Thanks guys, so far Im getting it may be the booster

7. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Power Steering Pump.