1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

equipment trailers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Chevytruck85, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Im looking into buying a new 12 ton equipment trailer. My choice is between a 12 ton backhoe pro plus or a 12 ton with tandem dual axles. What do you guys this of thease trailers.

2. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

I like the gooseneck lowboy models. Plus the price is very reasonable. There is a trucking company around us and all they use are f 550's with 25' gooseneck lowboys. I see them everywhere.
  3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

---Chevytruck85--I am retired from the costruction business--over 50 yrs--but-still active in assiting our Son--I suggest YOU forget--a 12 ton equip trailer--I would buy a good Used low Bed--& a good used Tractor to Haul it with!--Reason?--Good servicable used & fairly late model Tractors are not Expensive at the moment--& I*M not looking for ONE!--but--I have noticed several Nice Low Beds that will Haul just about any-thing a Contractor needs to Move!--& w/ a little looking I think? You could find & end UP w/ a pretty Good Tractor & low Bed for aprox the same Money as just a Nice Equip Trailer would Cost!--Ole JIM--