1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment trailers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JimMarshall, Nov 3, 2015.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I need a new one, local dealers sell top hat and CAM Superline. Any opinions?

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

What weight range?

3. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Looking 22 foot, 16 foot tilt, 14k lbs

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I bought a Cam Superline dump bed insert for a truck in Buffalo this spring and it seems to be quality except 2 things...the ram started leaking a week later (they sent me a new one) but them or the dealer never offered to pay for someone to install it and the stake pockets on the side rails weren't even with each other from side to side which was a real pain when we made our new leaf box. Other than that I think they're built a bit heavier duty than a lot of others out there. Where is this dealer?

5. JimMarshall

from NW PA

McCandless Ford on Mercer is who I am getting a quote from, unless you have a different recommendation up your way

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Check out Appalachian over in Salem Ohio. We bought a 16k deckover trailer 5 years ago and it has been the best trailer I've ever had

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Cam superline makes a FINE trailer. their split tilt is VERY popular.

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I got 13 years out of my pequea trailer. Replaced it with a Kaufman which has been trouble free so far,no issues with tires,electrical or paint finish.And its tough to beat the price if that's an issue.Whatever you decide,I would upgrade the tires,those cheap tires that come stock on many trailers are junk.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Pequea deckover as well. I don't even remember when we bought it, but it's well over 10 years old and going strong. Haven't even replaced a deckboard yet.

10. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

I also run a Kaufman 16K 3yrs now no issues, very happy for the price.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  11. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Try Bennett trailer sales in Salem oh good people they sale corn pro

12. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Whoops they also sell Moritz and quality trailers

13. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

And also Moritz and quality

14. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Moritz International. If you don't have a dealer close it's worth the drive.

Peaqua would be second for me.

No experience with Cam stuff, but everyone that has them seems to brag them up, they just seem pricy.

15. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Thanks for all the advice guys, after having several dealers who wouldn't return my call, I bought a CAM yesterday.

16. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Pricing didn't seem out of line for what I got vs quotes from other manufacturers

17. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I bought a brand new Kauffman. 22' long with a 8' platform and 14' of tilt deck. Seems to be holding up great so far and I optioned it up with nice Firestone tires and some other stuff like dual jacks. I think it was around $6k delivered factory direct.

18. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I just picked up a new Griffin trailer. Was a few bucks more than the same size from PJ and Big Tex, but it weighs 2000 lbs more. I am wondering where the other guys cut corners to lose 2000 lbs. Plus they painted it red for me instead of black.

205a.jpg

205b.jpg

205c.jpg

205d.jpg

19. JimMarshall

from NW PA

What the heck is GVWR on that thing?

20. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Well over what that 2500 will ever be able to tow. :laughing:

I like the CAM trailers, priced well. Local dealer used to carry CAM and they were nice trailers.