1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Trailer Worth

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by newlooklandscp, Nov 13, 2006.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Wondering if anyone could help me out with what one of my trailers is worth. Im looking to up grade to a bigger equipment trailer to carry my 236 w/ and 8' pusher plus pallets and what not during the summer. This is what I have and am looking to sell it.

02' Foster Equipment Trailer - Lowboy deck
    14' Deck, 12K, Electric Brakes, Front Basket, Heavy Duty Ramps, Sealed Wood Deck, 2 5/16" Adjustable Ball.
    Excellent Shape, No Rust, Tires at 75%, Really wasnt used all that much maybe once a week during the summer.
    Paid about $4200.00 Brand New.

So any ideas on how much it is worth? Thanks Guys.

Ken

2. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

can anyone help?

3. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

2k to 3k.

2k woudl be a great deal for the buyer.
    3k would be a great deal for you.

4. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

Trailer price

I bought a use c-10 towmaster two years ago for 3k. I have a buddy who bought a used c12 towmaster for 3500 flip deck this spring. If I were you I would put a fresh coat of paint on it and try to get at least 3500. The paint job on my trailer makes it look brand new!!

5. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

awesome thanks a ton. Best place to sell this bad boy would be?

6. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

at a dealer

This time of year a lot of guys are buying new machines for snow plowing accounts. After shelling out good cabbage for a machine, they will be looking foro a deal on a trailer. Go to a bobcat or cat dealer, act like your interested in a machine and tell the dealer, "buy the way" I have a trailer to sell. They may know of someone lookin for a used one. That is how I found the one I bought.

7. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

by the way

how well does that 8' pusher work for you? I am thinking about putting a 10' on my s185 bobcat. I don't know if my machine can handle the 10' though?

8. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

8' works like a champ. Not sure how a 10' would work on my machine but pro-tech didnt recommend it. My buddy has a 10' on his 256B, huge machine compared to mine. How many HP is your S185? 8' states 46-70HP, 10' anything greater than 70+. The thing is the weight of the machine as well. I dont use counter weights or chains either