1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Required - Jeep TJ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ddzc, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ddzc

ddzc Junior Member

Hi all,

Since I picked up my jeep, I was thinking about getting in to the plowing industry this winter. I'm wondering, what type of investment is required for the plowing equipment for my jeep? I would rather buy used than new to save on the upfront costs.

I'm running a 6CYL 2000 Jeep Tj 4x4. Many people recommend autos for plowing..i'm running a 5spd, would it be very uncomofrtable to plow with a standard?

Thank You
  2. coblink

coblink Junior Member
    from Boston

I would look into a used 6-9 Fisher or Meyer plow set-up. Cost will be between 1000-2000. Put airbags in the front or Timbrens. I Plow with a 04 Dakota 5spd. The advantage is your not going to cook the tranny, however if you dont plow in low your going to smoke your clutch. Take out the back seat and load it up with sand or salt bags.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Search the site under TJ there is hours of reading already available
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Automatics are just more convenient to plow with. I think most of us here have plowed with a stick, it's just not as fast, IMO.