1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by brieva, Oct 7, 2008.

1. brieva

brieva Junior Member

Hey Guys
    I'm just getting started in the business, I don't even have a contract yet, but I just brought a 91 Ford F350 4x2 with a Meyer Plow, My question: Will this vehical be good enough for small office complex's and small strip malls. Also do any one know of a national contactor that use local sub's
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

The truck will probably be fine ok, just take at easy and use a lot of ballast. Try lookin at a company called SnowGo i think its called. Idk if they higher subs and idk where exactly they are, i just know that theyre big.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

hey, welcome to plow site..

yea your all set all you need now is a few trucks, salter, shovels,snow blower, insurance, a business and experience.
    I guess in this slow economy snow plowing looks like easy money more and more first timers are pooping up.
    (no offense)

Sorry, to rain on your pride but most contracts have been signed by now.
    A 4x2 350 is not up to the task of being able to insure that you will be able to service the lot in all weather conditions.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  4. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

welcome to plow site joining was one of the best decisions you could ever make there is a wealth of knowledge in most of these guys so ask questions and read past posts

a little business advice don't under cut or take on more than u can handle start out small and build from there do good work and you'll get there your truck isn't super but it will work just make sure you have some back up plowers in case yours goes down.
  5. brieva

brieva Junior Member

Thanks Guys
    What about a National Provider that hires SUBs. Also I am a service provider who has been in business for over 6 years, So I have business know how.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check out the "employment" forum.
  7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

is your 350 a dually?

if not , im really sorry to tell you a 2WD , you might as well sell the plow or keep it as a backup
  8. brieva

brieva Junior Member

yes, a ford f350 dually
  9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You are gonna really need to load that rear end with weight to get traction.
  10. brieva

brieva Junior Member

Thanks guys
  11. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

since its a dually, you need to put at least 2,000 in the bed, towards the tailgate...and have REALLY good rear tires... and you can do it if your carefull...its still easy to get stuck