1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cwiggi1, May 21, 2010.

1. cwiggi1

cwiggi1 Junior Member
    from USA

I am new to this. Can someone please give me an honest opinion on what the difference is between Snow Dogg, Western/Fisher, or Blizzard? Is there really a quality difference hear or just price?

Which one is the cheapest?

Thanks!

2. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

I feel thta the snow dogg is just as good as the other plows

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

*Deep Breath*

Here we go,

Welcome to the plowing world. There is an ENDLESS argument as to which plow,,,just like there is on which truck, and which tires, and which battery. Before you pick one read ALOT on here, search everythinnnng, and PM people that know the things that you wanna know. Also, get out in your area see what guys are using, and where they are getting them from, and where they are getting them fixed. The people in your area are your best barometer, and talk to them about what they like and what they don't. Also try to tie up with them for work, your first couple years, before you go out on your own and buy a truck and a plow spending thousands of dollars on something you really mayt not enjoy doing.

Some Pointers-
    Direct Lift- Is a hydraulic cylinder that lifts the blade.
    Chain Lift- Has the blade hanging off the cylinder on a chain.

Poly VS Steel
    Steel is lighter, painted, and cheaper
    Poly is heavier, slicker, dye, but more pricey.

There are some big name companies, and there are some lesser known companies out there, you've gotta talk to people.

What kind of truck do you have?