1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment purchase gone wrong

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Well I went on xmas eve morning to pickup some snow equipment, plow, mounts, spreaders from my more local Boss dealers in NJ. Something happened with their credit card terminal and it froze upon payment. Nearly an hour later, they had it all sorted out, and finished the transactions. I saw them only swipe the credit card one time. I find out today, day after xmas, that of the two original invoice/transactions, there are double transactions for each.

So instead of a few thousand in equipment on the credit card, theres about 6k, which is more than the card had available to its limit :/

I call the CC company today, washington mutual, and notify them of the problem, since its showing these 6k in purchases as "pending transactions" and they flat out say there is nothing they can do about it. I told them the merchant already caught their error and has issued a credit that will show up on our card within 5 business days. I didnt like that either, but ill have to suck it up.

The jacka$$ also notifys me that our existing apr of 16.99% which is @!#$%$ high to begin with, will default to 31.99% with the "over credit limit" fee that will probably take place tomorrow.

Now we pay this card off every month, or else i would never roll anything over on 16.99%. If we dont get any real snow in the next 20 days, im going to have to roll some of this purchase over until the next month, and now i find out about this 31.99% crap. My credit score has increased steadily over the whole last 6+ months since we've paid almost everything off credit/equipment/business wise and keep getting slammed by CC companies with BS like this. Ive had this wamu card company credit card for about a year and a half, and not been late. One messup at the merchant to send us over the credit line and byby customer? I wont pay their $39 fee either, its bad enough something like this is going to rack up hundreds in interest charges if we cant pay it within the next billing cycle, which is right around the corner, since they mail me my next invoice before january 1st 2009 :/

Is there anything else i can do?
  2. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

yeah I was in your shoes!

the CC has been an long long problems.. if you have other clean CC have it all move off that Error CC to the clean CC. that what I did. if doing that then tell them you turning this Error CC off they may not want you do that. may give you lower % or something better?

that happen when I got an CAT engine for an tractor all those problems!

it's all in past now and I have NO CC now. just stay off :dizzy:

if need loan see bank. it's may be hard right now with what's happening out there.
  3. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

I'd switch over to an Advanta card.

I have had their card for a few years now and the interest rate hasn't budged from 7.99% after the initial introductory rate. The cash back is nice too.

If your company won't accommodate your requests, transfer the balance over at 0% to Advanta.
  4. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Like they always say. You play with fire and you will eventually get burned. All credit card companies SUCK. I've never paid a higher intrest rate with CASH. I got tired of the card companies playing their games a long time ago. If you need an equipment loan go talk to your banker if you don't have the cash on hand.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Won't the dealer just refund your credit card tomorrow and then it's all good?
  6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

A few months ago, I was doing a commercial renovation project. Rather than writing checks for the purchase of a lot of materials and deliveries, I used my debit card because it was a nice way to rack up some points. After about a weeks worth of transactions, I received an overdraft notice listing hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees. I knew that this wasn't possible, as there was plenty of funds available. After some digging and a call to the bank, it turned out that I was charged twice for each transaction. A glitch in the system? probably.
    Several years ago I began doing some in depth studying of the whole monetary system, including that of credit card companies. What I have learned and continue to learn is a level of corruption that has existed for centuries and has grown to evolve to the very problems that we are faced w/ today. If enough people really truly understood the level of corruption that truly exists, not only would they stop or minimize their use of credit, but there would also be rioting in the streets.

"Give me control of a nations money, and I care not who writes it's laws."
    - Mayer Amschel Rothschild
  7. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Honestly, we got rid of all our high limit cards. We have the gas cards and some small CC for emergency's, and for big purchases we have a line of credit at the bank. The credit company's are blood thirsty, we stopped playing their game. Good luck bro, I feel you pain.
  8. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

You just have to wait for it to get sorted out after the few business days. You will be able to get it all straightened out within a week.
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As JD said they should be able to issue a credit on the card and cc are on 2-30 day cycles so it should show the extra transaction and the credit for it. As for over fees they will reverse it. And if you have to you can put a dispute in with the cc and the purchase won't be listed on the bill.And while you are it ask for a lower rate or your leaving. But don't close the card out keep it open because the credit limit will boost you credit score even if you don't you use it.
  10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you not have to sign the receipt that comes out of the machine? Did you sign it twice? Tell the CC Company you want to see the signed receipt, they have to produce it.

I don't think the merchants credit will take 5 days. A credit is a fast as a charge.

Just complain, these banks are hurting and don't want to loose any customers. They make a ton of money at the point of purchase not just on interest.
  11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

no only signed the once time, so maybe that would work. And yes, if the charge finally pops up tomorrow, ill dispute it instantly and at least that gets my account in their system, im sure they didnt want to tell me that though, they want their $39 and 31.99% apr on my account since they havnt gotten a dime in months.:realmad:

thanks for all your comments guys
  12. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

Absolutely. First wait and see if the CC credit doesn't go through within a fe days. If it doesn't and WaMu does charge you an over the limit fee, and the other stuff you mentioned, then:

First contact WaMu, and explain the situation. send them registered mail saying what did happen, that you won't pay the extra fee, and that the over the limit APR hike is totally unreasonable. Also tell them that you will be contacting your local Attorney General's Office of consumer protection.

Then contact your local Attorney General's Office of consumer protection, b/c they can put the heat on the CC companies and will act on your behalf.

Good Luck!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  13. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

The bottom line is, when all is said and done, you should not be responsible for any charges beyond the cost of the items you purchased. Whatever happened, it was an error by either the merchant or the card issuer and one of them should be making restitution. If either gives you a hard time about it, drop them immediately.