1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Pictures - Its been awhile

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Dec 18, 2012.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Its been awhile since I've been to active posting pictures, so I thought I'd put some up that I've taken this year, with some new equipment as well.

Obviously (with one being green) the backhoes are rented, I lease several of these during the winter, throw 12' pushers on them, and it works out well for half the price of a loader. Last year was CAT, this year is CASE.

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

2. merrimacmill

from MA

Smells like a new car still....

I traded in the 2010 New Holland L175 for another Kubota M7040. What a complete nightmare that New Holland was. It was mechanical issue, after issue. It was in the shop more than it was on a job. Now that I don't own it, and don't know who does now, I'm glad I can finally talk about it publicly.

IMG_3023.jpg

3. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

impressive fleet of kubotas

4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Looks great , what problems did u have w/ the new holland ? How many hours did u put on it?

5. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Nice

Nice fleet of equipment... goodluck this season....

6. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

More pictures please... Everything looks great!

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

are you doing driveways with the kubotas?

8. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

Can't beat that new car smell.... or a tractor in the snow. Looks good!Thumbs Up

9. merrimacmill

from MA

Well, I bought the machine new and ran it one winter without any major issues. It didn't do much that summer at all, and we went into the next season and it plowed the famous "SnowTober" storm. During that storm the hydraulic pump blew apart, and trapped the operator in the machine for sometime. We had a plow on it, so the emergency button did not lower the boom enough. Long story short, after all the machines hydro fluid being put all over the parking lot, it was slightly out of warranty (by days) but the dealer still covered it.

After that incident, it was all down hill. Next, the seals in the hydro cylinders for lifting the boom went, so when I would lift the boom it would start sinking immediately. Then we had many issues beyond that, small and big. The last one that sticks out is the boom started lowering itself again, and was caused by a different problem this time, which was the emergency release button going bad apparently. Here a video I took of that problem, because at this point I had to prove that I was actually having all these issues one after the other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kviifjedNc

The last job the thing was ever on, it started overheating constantly and it was only around 85 outside.

The dealer was great though. The thing was out of warranty through all these issues, and they got it covered by NH or they covered it themselves. I had a total of exactly to the dot 300 hours on it the day they picked it up. I'm not putting down New Hollands as a whole, but I would say that I got a complete lemon.

10. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Fleet looks awesome as always!

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

looks good collin. how come you haven't upped to a 9540 or 100/110? I know I like the extra pto hp when I have to drag out some wet heavy snow before I get to turn the blower on. What made you decide to get a new holland in the first place? Most likely going to be adding an m110 some time next year.

12. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking set up this year... Is that how you always park the loader/backhoes. (with pads down)

13. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looks trucks and equpiment good luck this yr

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

so you own that 590SM ? it's not green lol. that should push some snow and be great for thos big summer time jobs.

15. merrimacmill

from MA

No I don't, that one is rented too. The 590 is nice, and it does shine slightly over the other 580's we have, but its really not too huge of a difference (I'm not even sure whats different in the specs between the two models).

I just really have no summer use whatsoever for the backhoes. And that normally would not stop me from a purchase, but when I look years down the road I don't see needing/wanting to own backhoes. But at around $6,000 per season each, they're cost effective pushing machines.

16. merrimacmill

from MA

The 7040's just work for us. It started as a cost/money thing. I just didn't want to bump my payment over a certain amount when I bought my first one 4 seasons ago. Then the rest are M7040's because I wanted consistency in operation, parts stocking, and maintenance practices. If I train one guy on a tractor, he can operate all of my tractors the same, and he literally won't even know what one he is in.

17. merrimacmill

from MA

No, it isn't. I really don't have an answer as to why it is like that. Honestly, I think the delivery driver must have done it, since this pic was taken when I did a drive around of all our properties to check for delivery status of the equipment.

18. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It seems you have expanded your business nicely over the last few years. I remember when you got your first 7040.

19. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

What made you get inverted blowers instead of regular? How do you likethe normands?

20. Jsch2000

Jsch2000 Junior Member

Collin what dealer do you purchase your Kubotas from? They sound like they take good care of you.