1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment fleet pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dodge2500, Mar 27, 2015.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

A few end of season equipment fleet pics!

SBG equipment fleet 1.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 2.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 3.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 4.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 5.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 1.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 2.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 3.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 4.jpg

SBG equipment fleet 5.jpg

2. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

That's an impressive fleet!!

3. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

How do you like the MVP3?

4. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

The mvp3 definitely has it's place. The windrow very well and work well if you need to break a driveway or something open. They can carry a lot of snow and stack well. The downside is tight areas as they are 9'6" and the one also has wings so it's 11' something. We do several banks and those blades won't fit in drive throughs. The one truck that has the blade is a dually so it wouldn't fit anyway. It's definitely nice to have both wideouts and the mvp3.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Love all those wideouts! Very nice fleet. I must ask though, for all that you only have 1 salter??

6. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

No if you look close, 3 of the trucks have salters, and we run 4 bulk spreaders total and 1 tailgate spreader. We spread between 12-16 ton per time out.

7. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

There are a few trucks and other pieces of equipment missing from the picture.

8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

How do the Wideout's compare to the V's with wings, and what size v plows are you running to compare to?

9. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

The v's are 9'6" without the wings. They both have their place. The v's will windrow better in large lot but can't fit in those tight places like bank drive thrus. We mainly plow with the loaders and use the trucks for clean up, drive thrus , and some out skirt places where it doesn't make sense to take a loader. Both plows have their place but if I were to just have one, it would be the wideout for what we do.

10. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I would have thought the wide out would wind row better because the v has the hinge in the middle.

11. John_DeereGreen

That's the same thing I was thinking, plus with the trailing edge wing angled forward instead of just extended laterally.

95% of what we do is retail complexes and apartment complexes/HOA's. I want to try a Wideout badly but none of our trucks are Fleetflex and we've been switching to Boss v's as we replace trucks/plows.

I am NOT happy with how they scrape, our straight blades were a much cleaner lot when finished, so that's why I'm considering the Wideout idea.

Sorry for the hijack of your pic thread, but when I see 4 Wideouts in a fleet and only 2 V's it makes me curious.

12. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Wideouts do a great job and are more versatile in my opinion. The v's can throw snow further because of the flared wings. I too thought the wideout would be better but it's not for some reason. I imagine the 8'6" would not do as well just because it's a foot shorter. We live in a rural area and sometimes getting out can be a problem and the flared wing v's sure help in getting out. For most of commercial plowing, the wideout is my choice. A few of my guys prefer the v for most of what we do, you can't beat the wideout. We buy new plows every two years and this is the first time we even got any v plows. Probably will always keep a few but majority will always be wideouts.

13. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Thanks. We do small to medium commercial and have the possibility of picking up a few more next season and i think a 9'6 SS mvp3 would be perfect. I would imagine they cut down on time compared to a straight blade and can stack higher.

14. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Nice pics on the fleet. Wideouts are a nice plow and some days I wish I had one over my V. But then I live in the country and some storms I wouldn't have made it to my lots with out my V to punch thorough in the middle of the night. Some of these roads the county won't plow till last and these drifts and blowover can be as high as the hood of my truck

15. John_DeereGreen

The drifting is the only reason I can see a vee being nice. We have one account that the road drifts across, and the city always has fun throwing 3 foot plus windrows in 4 of 5 entrances of the lot. I'm not sure that a straight could break through it without abusing the truck too much. You can get the one opened up and break the other 4 open from the inside of the lot, but I don't let my guys push snow across any public roads under any circumstances, so you have to push it out into the road and then clean it up.

I'm in the process of buying a truck that already has a Wideout on it, so I guess I'll see what I think of it next winter. Stacking isn't a huge deal, we can come in with loaders/skids if that's needed. We've plowed with ProPlus straight blades/wings up through last winter, so I know what to expect there. Dollar for dollar, they're about the same price as the 8'2" DXT's with wings are costing us. If they scrape cleaner, then we might just have to switch back to DD for some plows. :(

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it!

16. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

A Boss.....Three Artics and a Metal Pless.......Lets hear your reviews of the Pushers.....I have my opinion...Lets hear yours........Very nice Fleet by the way......:drinkup:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  17. Defcon 5

That's just Crazy talk from you..............:eek:............:drinkup:

18. John_DeereGreen

Comparable to Oomkes buying another 6.oh no? Maybe not that bad but close.

John Murphy did take good care of me last week. I promised him I'd change my signature, and forgot...gonna do that now.

19. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Well the boss is indestructible and does a descent job, the metal pless scrapes better than any of them and the arctic end plates float over obstacles the best. We have a few other arctics not pictured. We bought the arctics because we need a good scrape and they do a good job and there was nothing else comparable on the market at the time. The frustrating part of the arctic is the durability. We seem to break blocks a lot and have had a few end plates break. To me the ideal ow would be the live edge with the boss end plates. We've ran the boss 4 years and we haven't done a single thing to it. If only it contoured like the live edge or arctic, and had other hitch options, then it would be the ultimate pusher. They all work well for what they do but for scraping, the live edge is the best.

20. Defcon 5

John is a very good person.......:drinkup:

Been a Fisher Owner since 1980......So im a slappy.....:salute: