1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment color, need opinions.. yeh or neh? (see pic)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BillA, Nov 23, 2011.

1. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Tell me what you guys think, we had an extra 2 stage blower sitting so I decided to give it a quick paintjob. Been wanting to take the trucks in to have them painted so they all match...a little branding i guess, and this is pretty close to the color scheme I was thinking, deep blue with black wheels, ect. then the company logo all the way down the side (white letters, silver shadow) . What do you guys think, yeh or neh??

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Seems like a way to destroy any resale on equipment. Trucks on the other hand... Sounds like a plan.

3. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

I was kind of thinking that too about the resale on equipment, cant see me painting any of our equiptment this color ( minus this blower of course, which needed paint anyway ), mostly wanted to see what everyone thought of the scheme for the trucks. I appreciate the input.

4. Calvinslawns

Calvinslawns Member

I like it, but the black rims I'm not sure on.

5. graystonelbz

graystonelbz Member

Do what makes you happy....matching equipment always looks nice

6. nixray

nixray Senior Member

I would say go for it, there was a mom and pop shop down the street from me, (Used home owner equip.) would custom paint equip, either sports teams or which ever color scheme customers would want. He was very successful. I LOVE THE IDEA

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I like it, the blower looks cool.

8. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Thanks guys, I defiantly appreciate everyone's opinions! Think I will have one of the trucks painted this way and see how it turns out, I will post some pics when I do.

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Here is a shot of our equipment. All the newest trucks in the last few years are all painted sonic blue. In this picture the two box trucks are most noticeable. There were a number of years where ford didn't offer a brighter blue, so we do have some darker blue trucks as well.
    [​IMG]

10. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Your fleet looks great, so did you buy all of your trucks already blue or did you have some painted to match?

11. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Mdb -I know this may be a hard question to answer, but from a branding standpoint do you think having all the trucks, ect matching plays a big role in landing jobs? Of course I know it cant hurt, more so I mean is it worth it to have all my equiptment painted the same, in your opinion? I just love the idea of people knowing right away that a truck belongs to my company without even having to see my company name...I know I find myself doing it all the time

12. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Answering your own question????

13. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

I guess in a way :D I was just asking for his opinion

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Having a matching fleet of equipment is very important imo. There's a company down the road from me that has many different color trucks and several different color trailers, unless I read the door I have no idea who's stuff it is. On the other hand the company I plow for has a very recognizable color scheme that people easily remember. It's simple but grabs your attention. People ask me who I plow for and as soon as I say the company name they ask me if the trucks and trailers are all *insert colors here* and how they've seen them around and how nice they look.

15. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

I feel the same way, people remember that kind of stuff.

16. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

All of our trucks, are the same color, with the same stickers ...equipment stays its original color. Doesn't help get the job done, but sure looks good for fleet pictures to put on advertising

17. cosgo

cosgo Member

You could always do a wrap. Peel it off when youre done

18. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

That was an idea we were tossing around too, I haven't looked into pricing too much. Was thinking doing a two tone leaving the top 1/3 or so the stock color and doing the lower 2/3 in vinyl with the company logo printed right on it

19. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

We looked into some wraps, but they are pretty costly. You can basically get a truck painted for the same cost of a wrap. Be careful which color scheme you go with. Its a big commitment to keep everything the same color. When we buy trucks we try to buy blue. If we can't or are looking for a used truck, we know we will have to paint. If you decide to do a two tone, that means you will have to paint every truck you ever buy which may be costly. Our color choice has meant huge things for branding. Everybody in town knows us for the color of our trucks. The bigger you get, the more important it is to stay consistent.

20. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Thanks mdb, that's alot if good info and gives me some things to think about. You definatly right about it being a big commitment, I think it's worth it too. I have been thinking two tone alot, but you make a good point about every truck having to be painted then. Thanks again for your input, it's appreciated!