1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment (clearing+loading+transporting)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by maisema, Jul 21, 2011.

1. maisema

maisema Junior Member
    from Finland

We are doing snow plowing in a city centre where the snow piles cannot be left next to the road. We must load and transport the snow away immediately after plowing. We need several equipment before one truck load of snow is transported away (plowing, loading, transporting). Anyone has the same problem?

Is there any single equipment with which we could 1) clear the road, 2) at the same time load the snow and 3) after the load is full, transport it?

Experiences of use, prices etc.?
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

At the very minium, you will need dump trucks, and some sort of a loader. ( wheel loader, bobcat, back-hoe) This will not be a job for the light hearted. Make sure you have back up equipment for everything needed.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

4. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

howmuch snow we talking aboot?
  5. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

X2 on the snow melter they are awesome.
  6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Using a blower and a dump truck you can roll down the street discharging right into the truck.
  7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Only bad thing about that is you have to figure out where you're going to dump the snow! That adds up! I could handle it but i would charger the hell out of them. Depending on how long the street(s) are.
  8. maisema

maisema Junior Member
    from Finland

So there is no single equipment with which you could do both blowing and transporting the snow away from the city centre?

I heard in Canada there is at least. Has anybody heard about that?
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

10. Solaris

Solaris Junior Member

in canada we have amazing snow machines that can do anything!!! tymusic
  11. maisema

maisema Junior Member
    from Finland

JD Dave: that's more like what I am talking about. Looks pretty "selfmade" and well... not too safe. :)

Solaris: well... I have never seen the Canadian super machine... so don't believe it yet :)