1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

equipment boneyards

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Rc2505, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know of any equipment boneyards around the keep older equipment and not scrap it all out?
  2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Isn't Sam Weiner the patron saint of old equipment in Ohio? It seems that you google it or craigslist search and you shall find it
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Machinery trader has a section of dismantled machines if you're looking for cheaper oem parts
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your in Ohio so I dont know how much help this will be,
    but ski areas are known to have some good bone-yards for snow equipment.
  5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I have found the part that I need. To try and make a long story short I had new tires mounted on my 69 Cat, and less than ten blocks from the tire dealer, the right rear tire blew, and when the machine hit the pavement, it bent the rim. I located a rim in Texas, so they are shipping it to me. Thanks for all the suggestions, but none of them had the part I needed.
  7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

A 69 Cat, wow can you post up some pictures?
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Keep an eye out for a 922B parts machine, it's worth the investment if you plan on keeping the old loader for awhile yet. You can still get parts from Cat for the old iron but it's high priced.