1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Auction

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by slc12345, Aug 25, 2013.

1. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

Just a heads up to everyone in the CT and Mass area.
    A large snow and lawn contractor in the area went out of business and is having an auction for there equipment. I know that they had almost 30 skidsteers over 20 front end loaders and some where around 45 trucks plus sanders, snow pushers, ect. The name of the auction site is www.crgauction.com/

The location is Enfield, CT.
    The company that went out is NIRO Landscaping

Just thought you guys would be intrested
  2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Is it common for auction houses out there to require a 25% deposit of "expected bid" to be able to bid? I bid on stuff both online and in person at auctions here all the time, and have never needed to place a deposit before bidding.
  3. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I saw this auction last week, he must of been some major player in the snow industry
  4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I guess bigger isn't always better
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

The bigger they are the harder they fall.
  6. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Cool stuff
  7. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

He was big, not the largest but pretty big. They mainly stuck to very large places so you didn't really see them around they did large industrial plants and corporate campuses. Not really sure what happened to them as of three weeks ago they were out mowing and then this happened.
  8. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

That's a lot of equipment to liquidate..
  9. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I know they lost a few state contracts in the last couple years totaling over 400k. Probably a small percentage of total sales but it still hurts. I agree 25% deposit is very strange.
  10. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

anyone go to the auction?
  11. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

yeah, came home empty. prices seamed to be on the high side. Not sure what happened but the owner and family were there, kind of odd i thought.
  12. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I watched the auction online since there was few things I was interested in. Seemed like everything went for good money not to many deals. From what I heard the company went bankrupt and the 25% deposit was court order from the bankruptcy. Not sure how true the information is but it makes sense.
  13. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

I called they said it was court ordered. Normally they don't do that. They also required court order so I was out a few things I wanted to bid on was on my way to work and was going to use a cc she said no oh well
  14. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Lurked online too. Prices were crazy in my opinion...
  15. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I seen some of it online but my thoughts were this stuff is worth gold for the prices they were getting.
  16. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Plows went for more then new.....WTF are people smoking
  17. f250harvest

f250harvest Member
    from CT

My moms job had a similar auction and they were also pricing things way too high..
  18. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

CRG is the biggest bunch of hack auctioneers known to man kind. The facility in Enfield is a chithole. All of Niro's equipment was beat, and 90% of that stuff should have been scrapped.
  19. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Happens at every auction Id never waste my time.
  20. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Is it possible it went so high because they were buying it back to open under a new name ??? I'm also pretty sure they lost the stop and shop plaza in Hamden this year, they never plowed only cut, pretty good size shopping center, but a long haul down 91 from northern ct