1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stark, Oct 21, 2011.

1. stark

stark Junior Member

Hi there,
    Thanks so much for all the helpful posts. I have been plowing for the last 5 or so years working for a large company in town and this year decided to that it was time to start something up with my business partner. Just purchased a 2011 f350, non dually, with the regular alt. We are now looking to outfit it with sander and plow combo. We have mainly large condo complexes with some commercial sites and a section of paved trail. In addition to the truck we have an A300 bobcat with a blower, v blade, and snow bucket. I live in the mountains in Whistler BC Canada and we get a lot of wet heavy snow.

We have been looking at looking at outfitting the truck with a salt/sander and plow and have been looking at, the Henderson gas powered FSP 8' or the electric snowx sp7550. I have read the forums on gas vs electric and it seems like everyone is saying that electric is the way to go. Just wanted to ask if anyone has experience using a new gas motor and if there are any pros for using it. Also wanted to know if anyone has experience using the snowx spreaders and if so how they preformed. I am concerned that the gas powered unit may be too noisy to run in the condo complexes early in the morning when opening sites. But am also concerned that the electric motor may take too much draw on the battery and may not be strong enough to throw the material far very far. We are looking at getting a Boss or Western V blade for the front, I know "v-blades are for people that dont know how to push snow", but when you have long non straight pushes to snow dumps miles away, with wet slop they have their use. Anyways any in-site, advice or experiences using any of this equipment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and happy plowing. Pics coming soon.