1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

equiping a one dump with hydraulics to run a spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowboy22, Oct 20, 2013.

1. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

Look to see if anyone has a good place to by hydraulic part i have to upgrade my pto unit change the valve Android put bigger hydraulic tank give me some ideas where i can go online or in ohio to get parts thanks...
  2. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I just get mine at a local truck and dump body shop but I see stuff in northern tools catalog all the time
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Unless you really know what you are doing with flow rates and such, go to a local place that installs hydro systems on trucks. Call your local city or county garage, someone builds their trucks, who is it?

The other place would be the people that install truck beds/ dump beds - call your favorite flavor of truck dealer that sells commercial (like f450 and 550) and see who installs that stuff for them.

Just IMO, flow rates for the pumps, line sizes, what your equipment needs and how you control it all is better left to people that deal with it day in and day out - it's easy to install, picking the parts is the hard part.
  4. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Ditto. We deal with a local manufacturer who customizes, even sells online. They’re called reliablewireproducts.com . They sell and make anything related to wiring harness to hydro control units. You just need to supply spec's and thats it.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

If you do get a system, think about running atf oil , works great when its cold ou.t