1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Epoke spreaders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PTSolutions, Feb 1, 2013.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Never heard of the brand. Neighboring city upgraded all their trucks to sirius combi 2's on roll off's. They look really slick with a pre-wetting set up. I can't imagine the cost of that, gonna try and look up that bid on their site.
  2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

I hear their walk behind drop spreaders for sidewalk are the cats pyjamas. Bucket and scoop work fine for us now..
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The only Epoke I have is a walk behind drop spreader. They are the best in the business. You pay for it but there are none better IMO. I would think they build everything with the same quality.
  4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Im gona guess and say over 100,000 each.
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

What about Bauman mfg? I have a Epoke as well and like it if I had more walks I'd mount one onto a 3 series Deere. There are a few hydro ones for sale in Brampton.

Bauman mfg
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a new drag chain this fall. It was made by Bauman and I saw the spreader in the office. I think I would still take the Epoke.
  7. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

The city of Cuyahoga Falls uses the exact set up on all the trucks. I have had the pleasure of watching one of these units work. It is a top notch piece of equipment. In addition to the pre wetting system they have all of theres set up with liquid sprayers. nice system!!!!
  8. Grassman09

Some of the tabs on the bottom are bent on my spreader and just drops a solid line of salt. Wonder what Epoke wants for that part. Wouldn't mind rigging up a hydraulic one to the back of my F935 or F1145 Deere like the pic below.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking the tabs on the Epoke? Hammer them straight and if they snap off weld new ones on. That would have been some pretty hard salt to do that.
  10. Grassman09

Yup that's it. I'm the 2nd owner of it. Only had it since last fall. Ill try that thanks.
  11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

fancy well made stuff i was working there when they got the first one that whole rig is amazing
  12. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

The region in my area has them on their trucks as well. I think all toll they must have about 15 or so. They had one in a scrap yard in Pt Colbourne that looks like it was dropped and all bent out of shape.
    They must be at least 75 grand each with all the pre wet on them. Really nice looking unit.