1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Epic storm, dec 27th

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MtlMan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. MtlMan

MtlMan Junior Member

This is in montreal, quebec(canada)...18" and lots of wind:

My friend's co-worker:
  2. MtlMan

MtlMan Junior Member

3. MtlMan

MtlMan Junior Member

Sorry for the multiple posts, the forum won't let me put everything in the same thread.

I was shoveling walkways and stairs for 13-14h, my body is now letting me know that it wasn't such a good idea. lol

I did get to use the F250 for about 1.5h, some of the work had to be done in 4low. At least traction was ok considering the situation.
  4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thats awesome!!
  5. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Those are cool pictures, glad it was you and not me.
  6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I heard montreal broke record from 1970's was 43cm now 45cm is the record. Looks like a nightmare for guys with a seasonal or 1 set price for per push. These are the storms that show who is a capable & realiable snow contractor. It will take a few days to recover your muscles from a storm like that.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Reminds me of Dec10-11 2010 we got 22"
  8. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Thats kinda like that show Name that Tune only, I can shovel out that Car in ?? Great Photos, Looks like it was a powdery snow and not wet and heavy. Send some of that down to the US would be nice
  9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

it came from the US, well started there
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

The wind is the worst part, makes for some massive drifts.

Our once every 10 year storm in '11 dropped 12 inches of snow. We had drifts that were almost 20' high in places where the wind wasn't blocked.

The only good thing was that I was able to make extra money using my mini skid to help people dig out their cars.

11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I so agree.