1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Envirotech Caliber M1000 Liquid anti-Icing

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Chuckles, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Chuckles

Chuckles Junior Member

I'm considering trying liquid anti-icing, after reading the documentation it looks like it cost much less then salt. It would be great if liquid could replace salt completely.

Does this product work just as well as salt if it were to be applied directly on 3 cm of snow and would it break up a sheet of ice like salt?
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Could you actually get a price for it? My local dealer couldn't even get a response from them last year.

Anyways, you have some learning to do if you have been led to believe that you can burn an inch\3 CM of snow with a reasonable of any variety of liquid.

M1000 is a great product, but it was too expensive compared to something like calcium chloride on a regular basis for me.
  3. Chuckles

Chuckles Junior Member

I got a price today - $750 for a 1000 lt container.
  4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I have no experience with M1000 but a lot with LCC, like 6yrs now I have been spraying. I will guarantee no liquid product completely replaces what rocksalt does. It is just another tool in the tool box as has been said for ages around here.
  5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

My Employer sells the Calibar M 1000 for approx $1.75 a gal if that tells you anything Might be cheaper if you pick it up or a but more if we deliver cant give you exact prices till a later time