1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bossman 92, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Can someone tell me where I can get Enviromelt, or somthing similar in NE Ohio?

I have a few bags left over from last year but they do not carry it this year. I picked up 3 accounts that want it and I can't find it. :eek:

I guess I should have looked into it when I accepted the accounts. :rolleyes:

Thanks Bossman
  2. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Did you do an internet search? Try LESCO?
  3. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Kissner.com has listing for it and description but no pricing info. Also "hydrograsstech.com" has an enviro-friendly melter. Whether or not they can get it to you here in O-H-I-O or not I don't know. Good luck.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  4. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

not sure if you have one by you but Reinders carries what you are looking for.
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I buy mine from TrueGreen Chem. Its going this year for around 400.00 per skid of 50lb bags and I think there is either 45 or 50 bags. Its great stuff no doubt!
  6. JFSV

JFSV Junior Member

Have you tried Professional Ice Melter? It's made in Ohio.
  7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Professional Ice melter, I have never heard of it. I will look into it. Thanks

It doesn't have to be enviro melt is there somthing you guys use instead? Untill last year everyone wanted salt then 1 by 1 they wanted this stuff.

Thanks Bossman
  8. JFSV

JFSV Junior Member

If you want to talk to someone about Professional Ice Melter in the Ohio area, contact Larry Vogel larryv@springvalleyusa.com.
  9. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

Both are sodium blends.............well, let's say mostly sodium and very little of anything else.
  10. flydrifter

flydrifter Inactive

Reinder's states Enviromelt is "100% Chloride Free": "http://www.reinders.com/saltfeed/icecontrol/icemelt_list.html"
    Look at Enviromelt's website and see that it is ALL Chlorides: "http://www.reinders.com/saltfeed/icecontrol/products/EnviromeltProdInfoSheet.pdf"
    If you need a 100% Chloride Free effective de-icer, check out "Greenicemelt.com" It is 100% PURE CMA. And be sure to check out the MSDS for CMA to prove how safe it is. If a less expensive product is desired, there are many mixed de-icers that work synergistically. Each have different applications.