1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Entirely different Fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by deereequipment, Nov 28, 2010.

1. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

Got rid of my:
    92 F350 Dump with 9' fisher straight blade
    03 F250 pu with 8'6" Western MVP
    94 F250 pu 7'6" Meyer straight blade (keeping as Backup)
    CAT 287 8' Hiniker

This year's fleet:
    (different) 03 F250 with 8'6" Western straight blade & buyers tailgate spreader
    011 F250 with 8'6" new MVP
    93 F450 Stake with Salt box & 7'6" Western straight blade
    91 Volvo L70 bucket, 10' plow, and/or 10' homemade pusher box
    CAT 287 (not using plow, will use with forks at shop for loading pallets of salt).

100_2905.jpg

2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

011 haha i catch my self saying that sometimes to

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Awsome looking fleet. I realy like your new 2011 F-250.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Nice. My only concern would be the 450 with a 7'6" plow. I think the duals on it are 7'10" so even with the blade straight you will be running over windrows. Forget about running it angled. I run 9 ft blades on duallies and still run over the windrows on inside turns.

5. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

Yeah, on that stake body, I plan to put wings on the plow of compensate for that.

This truck is just a "back up" plow truck.
    Its mostly for salting, and many times when out salting, I need a plow to "tidy" up areas, so that is the main reason I put a plow on that truck.

Like I said, when I put the wings on it, it will "just" cover the width, but for tidying up here and there, it should work out fine. (Also, it's only 2 wheel drive).

6. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

Yeah, I like the truck too.
    Still getting use to the 4 doors.

This truck has some transmission issues, and being so new, FORD can't figure out the problem yet.
    I just installed stobes on the 4 corners. The rear's have a place to drill out and install them.
    The fronts I had to get creative with, but got them installed, weatherproof and working.
    After installing the Western plows on the other two trucks a few months ago, putting the MVP on the 011 was a breeze.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, it took me a while to get used to having 4 doors to. I was used to looking back and having my back window rite there.

8. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

I went from an extended cab to a 4 door, so the inside wasn't much of an adjustment.
    It's just the way the truck looks from the outside. It has a 7ft bed (rather than the typical 6-1/2ft) but just looks so much different.

A 4 door with 8 ft bed is just too much truck, especially when plowing.