1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Entering a Deposit in Quickbook Pro

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dmjr77, Oct 23, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello,
    I have a customer who just signed a contract with me and he gave me a $200deposit. How would I enter the deposit under the customers name and then have it deduct from the deposit when I start plowing?
    Thank You

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Enter the payment as usual. It will ask if you want it to be a credit because there are no invoices to apply it to. Say yes.

Then when you do the service you apply the credit to that service/invoice.

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I do the same as KSLand..

Write the invoice.. Enter the $200 check under the payment section. Will show the do you want to show as an underpayment or write off the unpaid amount. Select underpayment. Then you can go into statements, print off the update and it will show his balance on the invoice..

4. RTW5150

RTW5150 Junior Member
    from IL

How do you guys like QB pro?

5. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 Junior Member

I like mine makes Life so much easyer. I know who owes Money and Who is all paid up to date. Employment taxes are easy too with the QB's

6. ymerejsregor

ymerejsregor Junior Member

Not a big fan of the change to -- or rather the deletion of the Customer Detail Center in QB 2006. I really think it's harder to just pull up a customer and take a quick glance.