1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Enough snow already!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Woodland, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Don't worry, this isn't another post about how much snow we've had and how I'm sick of it. I just thought I share a picture with everyone. This is the S-10 pickup that I like to drive around in between storms, so I can let the gas guzzling plow truck rest. We've had so many storms, with no breaks in between, I never had time to dig her out and plow the driveway back. I'm afraid she stuck there until spring! You can't tell from this angle, but there is a solid 4' chunk of hardpacked plow snow in front and as tall as the hood.

Picture 011.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

that is a great picture. thanks for sharing with us and not complaining about all the snow you are getting.ussmileyflag

3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

How does a plow guy get snowed in? HEHEHE That is awsome!:dizzy:

4. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I agree with you completely. I don't have the time or the will to take pictures between plowing and shoveling roofs. We lost one building due to the snow load even though I was shoveling and raking it regularly. We got 46" of snow between Feb 1st - 13th. I was really hoping for a weekend off but now the 1" forecast has changed to 4" - 7" for Friday night to Saturday. We had an excavator come in this past week to push the snowpiles to make room for more snow and the snow piles are now 12' - 15' high.

I don't make money from plowing. I am a property manager for a camp and four houses so I get paid the same no matter how much it snows. For those who get paid by the inch or trigger, congrats to you. But I want it to stop.

BTW, anybody else think we are going to have an easy, quick mud season? Its going to be a nightmare around here.

5. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Where the heck is the hood? xysport

6. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

HaHa!! That is awesome. Yep, I agree, that truck is gonna be hangin' out til spring.:nod:

7. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Ha, quick mud season, now thats funny! ;) Down in the back yard, I looked this morning and I have a good solid 4.5' of untouched snow on the ground. That isn't going to melt quietly! Remember the flood of '87?

8. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

haha U'r prob over ur GVWR with all that snow on her. lol

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Do you mean Da Hood? or the truck hood?

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Wow i wished i had that much snow. Nice picture

11. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Its like the Pompeii where everything was frozen where it was when the volcano erupted.

12. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Hook up the chains and pull

13. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

It snowed again!

Picture 013.jpg

14. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

This is great! Keep us posted on the progress! This reminds me of a webcam I view daily to see how much snow my place has in Northern Michigan. One day I can see the temp gauge and statues, the next it is buried in white. Just makes me wish I had some snow! Keep postings pics!

15. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

Could use a little more up our way, 25in. behind for the season!

16. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

It just looks like a clothes rack outside, wouldn't guess there was a truck under there! That was an awesome picture, I am so jealous!

17. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Nuts

That is just crazy stuff.

18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

WOW. id gladly take some of that from you.

19. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

GREAT PICTURES POST SOME OF THE HUGE PILES THE BIGGER THE BETTERwesport:drinkup::D:drinkup: