1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

engine vibration

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Aug 19, 2006.

1. i have a 99 gmc 2500 5.7 when you first start it up its fine then after a min or two it will kind of start to shack. then you put it in drive or rev. the truck really vibrates and tends to like kind of bog down. when you do take off not reall much power and willl only let me go so fast like 20mph if that sometimes. it was fine until i washed the truck after i washed it it started to do all this. wondering if some how water got into the engine. wondering what you guys think that it might be, thanks
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Did you wash off the engine too?:confused:
  3. i was spraying the under carraige and stuff so i probably got it in the engine but i started it up today and ran i a little was vibrating but now it back to normal. took it for drive down the road and everything.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You probably got some water on the coil pack or caused a spark plug wire to ground out.
    Once it dried out it returned to normal.