1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

engine id

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIGSARGE, Apr 30, 2002.

BIGSARGE Junior Member

please help me with identifying this motor in my truck:
    casting #3999289 motor#TO327TSD T5F716883. I think it is a 454 but know nothing else about it such as what it came out of, year, 2 or 4 bolt mains, compression, hp/torque etc.... any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
  2. beerandcope

beerandcope Junior Member

try the mag lmc. truck it has a listing for this stuff inside the first few pages.
  3. blzn74

blzn74 Member

I got this number from Chucks Chevy web page, pretty helpful in # identification. Give them a call and tell them your #'s.
  4. Bill c

Bill c PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ny

Try mortec.com they have the info your looking for.

BIGSARGE Junior Member

thanks for the info. Mortec only had the casting # which showed a 454 2 or 4 bolt mains. so I guess I need help with the actual engine # which I think maybe a GMC motor but other than that I'm stumped. Can't call the 1-800 number yet as I am in the Army and in the field! Once again I appreciate your help in this!