1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Engine driven pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wicked85, Nov 15, 2009.

1. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Hello everyone, this is my first post and plow to. It is an engine driven pump, the plow seems easy enough to install, but what size pulley do I need on the water pump as to not exceed the rated max pump speed, 1:1 or something different. I dont want to destroy the pump. Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. MDK

MDK Junior Member
    from CT

It should be 1:1. On most trucks fisher made a drive pully that attached to the crankshaft/ harmonic balancer.

3. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

thanks

Any idea where I could get this. The plow did not come with the pulley for the truck.

4. MDK

MDK Junior Member
    from CT

You will most likely have to find a used one on ebay or try a "want ad" on this site. The guy you bought the plow from may still have the pulley. You should be able to get the part number from the fisher web site which will help you id the correct pully. There are also used plow dealers that may have one. Calling some dealers may be a long shot but you never know they may have one.

5. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

If I post pics, could someone definitely id this as a Fisher? The guy I got it from said it is a Western, but there is no nameplate or serial number. All I can do is post pics and hope someone can recognize it. This is my first plow and I dont really know what to look for.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Post away!

7. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

I will get pics up tomorrow, I am actually going to convert the controls to electric. I "found" some valves laying around work, along with some hoses and pins to mount it.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If you posted what make, model, year and engine for the truck we could probably get you a link to the parts breakdown and one of the fisher guys (arc burn, basher or B&B) could tell you if the parts are still available.

9. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

It is a 92 Chevy 1500 with a 350. I hope this helps, if you need any more info, let me know.

10. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

11. MDK

MDK Junior Member
    from CT

There is a drive pulley currently on eBay. The listing number is 130345038455 .