1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

engine 248 perkins

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by EIB, Nov 7, 2002.

1. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Hi guys, I've got a problem, hoping somebody can help me with. A rod went throught the block of my 1977 Allis Chalmers backhoe engine. I'm looking for a replacement. It is a 248 4 cylinder diesel perkins. Anybody have one or know were I can get one? I was told that a 236 block is the same, only have to put new sleeves in it? Thanks for the help:confused:

Everett

2. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

I just had a Perkins 4 cylinder gas engine rebuilt in one of my forklifts. I have a couple of sources at work that I can post later that may be of some help. Jake.

3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Perkins

That would be great. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks Everett

4. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Everett, Here is one site that has a lot of information and may be of some help. www.foleyengines.com
    I can't seem to come up with the other company's site. I'm still trying though. Good luck. Jake.

5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Did you ever get your block fixed? Wecan repair "windowed blocks" just wondering, PT