1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ended up renting a backhoe:()

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well my loader turned out to be more hassle than its worth. I ended up renting a CAT 430D 4x4 backhoe for the winter. Seems like its a good strong machine, I'm bought a 12ft Artic Sectional for it and a 8ft for my skid steer. I just hope this thing will push some snow. At least now, at the end of the year I can just turn in the keys and be done with it. Cant wait to put it to the test. Especially cant wait to see how well the Artics work.

2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

make sure you follow the hours carefully and service it or have the rental company come out and service it or you may be hit with a bill at the end for "repair and maintenance"

3. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Good luck with it..hope it works well for you. Like you said, you can always return it if its not what you want.

There seems to be a lot of threads on the pushers, so I assume there must be a matchup between the backhoe and 12 footer in there somewhere. I'm sure the skid will work fine.

I can't wait for winter!

4. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hey Brian what did that backhoe run ya if you dont mind me asking??

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We run 14' on 430's, so you'll have no problem

6. Brian Young

Thats good to know!

7. Brian Young

1800/mo with a 3 month commitment. We ended up renting for 5 months. I hate throwing away 9k but what can you do.

8. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Did you consider Renting to purchase or anything? To replace the loader?

9. Brian Young

I considered a few options, Case financing was a joke! The terms they wanted were just not feasible. The banks were better but with buying 2 Artic Sectional plows and some other large stuff we needed, I diddnt feel comfortable financing my life away. Next year a lot of equipment is paid off and that would enable me to look for a newer, larger machine. That was the only loader for actual sale anywhere around here.