1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

End of season

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wooddan, Apr 5, 2011.

1. wooddan

wooddan Junior Member
    from Mass

I bought a fairly new 8ft mm2 and would like to keep it that way. I plan on fixing sanding any rust and painting. I also plan to fluid film but i was wondering if i should use grease on certian parts. Also what to use on the hydraulic pistons, and the eletrical connections and wiring. Any advice would be great i dont want it turning out like my outer plow aka see through.

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Definately fluid film. That stuff is gold in a can. Use dielectric grease on all elecrtic connections and plug them into to each other. Do all your repair work before you put it away. Trust me, if you wait till fall, it will be worse ten fold. Do not leave it outside and cover it completely with a tarp or the like! Try to keep it out of the weather, but let it breathe. If you do any sanding, use a good rust proofing primer. Remember, that baked coat from the factory is probably the best finish that plow will ever have so try to leave it in as good as shape as possible.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Fluid Film, or silicone lube (Local dealer recommends silicone) tho I prefer white lithe on the exposed cylinders.
    If you must cover it, DON'T use a cover that cannot breathe , especially if you store on dirt or you'll have moisture condensing under there, otherwise I agree with blizzardbeater.

4. wooddan

wooddan Junior Member
    from Mass

I did want to cover the head gear but not the entire plow. But ill bathe her in ff after painting.
    thanks for the help.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

fwiw I like woven bbq covers for things like plow headgear and lawn tractors- keeps the sun off, the rain down to a minimum and breathes.

6. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Thats a pretty good idea justme! I like it.Thumbs Up