1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

End of Season Protection

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Dano50, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Don't forget to use Fluid Film to protect your winter equipment during the off-season. Fluid Film could last a minimum of twelve months protecting equipment in storage, out of the direct rays of the sunlight.

Fluid Film is safe to use on all metals and will not harm paint, plastic or rubber. Fluid Film helps retain equipment value and gives peace of mind that all is protected and safe until needed again.

2. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Is FF sun sensitive? Any suggestions for equipment stored outside? I want to protect my spreader auger and such,will the spray work or do I need the "gel" and where can I find it in the St.Paul.MN area. Haven't seen it on any shelves.

3. Dano50

from CA

It will last 2 - 3 months in direct sunlight. The spray or bulk product would be the best for that application. Just go to our website at www.fluid-film.com and click on Purchase on the left hand menu to access our dealer locator.

We offer free samples for members who haven't tried it and live in the US. Just PM me your contact info for a free sample can if you fall in that category.

4. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. No one within 30 miles carries it,especially the heavy stuff (gel). Found a Deer dealer who will ordedr a 1 gal tub for me, but they don't carry the fines stuff (the aresol type in your sample can).

5. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Signal pro equipment is in your area and they have the aresol cans

6. Dano50

from CA

The aerosol cans are available through John Deere under Part #TY22032. They could order it easily enough.

7. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

Let us know if you have any questions! Always here to help :p

8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Are we ever going to be able to buy your product at a automotive or any other store?

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My Deere dealer stocks the spray cans and gallons. The local Napa is carrying both now, too.

10. Pushin 2 Please

The NAPA by me doesn't have it yet. I'm hoping soon!

11. Dano50

from CA

Just keep checking the dealer locator on our website. We pick up new distribution on a daily basis.

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I can get the aerosol cans for $11. Cheapest price so far.....

whats it costing u 2COR?

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Napa is getting $10 for the spray, which is quite a bit more than the $8 I paid last time at Deere. But I think he said gallons are $30 at Napa, they are almost $40 at Deere.

14. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I was recently quoted about $8.50 a can and about $34.00 a gallon in MN

15. Pushin 2 Please

Found it at Regional Truck Equipment. $7.55 a can and I believe he said $33.00 a gallon. Going out to stock up! Thanks.

16. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Just buy a case it's cheaper and you will use it all... Once you start using it you're not going to be able to contain yourself from spraying everything with it..... Since December I've gone threw 4 cases. I just bought another 2 cases of the spray cans for $145 (12 bottles to a case a think?) so 6.04 a can. Next time I'm buying the 5 gal pail and sprayer....

17. Dano50

from CA

You give good advice. I think we like you. :)

You will save quite a bit of cash buying in bulk if you are really going through product. That is definitely what I would recommend.

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

good thing the Gov. didn't put a nickel deposit on FF cans!

19. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

The rubber blade-trips on my Homesteader are showing surface cracks after spending a couple summers in the sun.

I sprayed them heavily with FF and covered them with aluminum foil for this summer.

Hopefully, their life is extended a couple of years- they are expensive!!!

20. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Yes thank God for that!

I wouldn't return the cans for the deposit anyway... The empty cans make great shooting targets:gunsfiring: