1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Encapsulated magnetic coils 16W vs 25W

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Plowinpro03, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

So, I bought all new coils for my plow. The old part wasn't being made anymore i guess, so i was sold a newer part. The old one was 25w (Black cartridge), and the new one is 16w (Blue cartridge). Was there a reason for the drop in wattage? Also, man are they expansive, why do they charge 110 bucks a coil?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

So, does any one know whats the difference? Do i need the 25w ones for my 29T?

3. WrightsCap

WrightsCap Junior Member

They were having issues with some plow models with the 25W coil, after testing it was determined the 16W coils were less likely to overheat and fail yet still provide the power needed.

Brad

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You didn't need all new coils, just B,E,F coils, but that does not sound like it was the issue.

Check the hose filters located in each hose at the manifold for debris, then stick a pressure gage in the lift port see how much pressure the pump is producing.