1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Empty housings?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 496 BB, Aug 30, 2011.

1. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Can you buy just empty housings for say 48"+ lightbars? I want to make my own insides and was wondering if they even come like this maybe as a replacement part or something.
  2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a empty Code 3 MX7000, feet, 3 lower trays and base, about the only thing missing is the top outter domes (used ones are around $15-20 each), I have the middle top dome.

The bar measures 47''

I can get you some pics if your interested.
  3. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Yea please give some pics. PM me a price also if youd like. Thanks, Chris
  4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Here it is, frame, 3 lower trays with mounting trays for both ends, middle top & feet

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

could use a little polishing, but perfect for your project

I'll PM you in just a min

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I could do the polishing for ya. Send the bar to me first if you get it and I'll ship it right back out.
  7. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

You can take a full size bar and cut it down if you want as well. Here are a couple projects I have going on the bar that's on top was the same size as the bottom. The bar on the bottom is now a cut down bar and is going to be fully loaded while the bar with the red domes is more of a stripped down plain jane 4 rotator bar.

Here is what the bar looks like now after it was cut down.

8. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Cool. Yea I like that idea.

I think Im gonna go another route for time being. I really dont need the OEM led lights as the ones I use you can see just fine plus we have some condo units and all the old people would prolly be complaining about lights...lol.

I will prolly make something incorporated into my back rack. It will not be nearly as nice as the housings you all have but it will look good and serve its purpose.
  9. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

What brand/kind of lightbar are you looking for? I have a Whelen Edge 9000 that only has the 4 corner strobes and take down halogens. It is 48" long, no mounting feet but the housing is in great shape. No lenses. It would make a good candidate for some custom work.