1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emotional rollercoaster

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JBZ71, Dec 13, 2003.

1. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Does anybody else go thru this>>>> anticipation,like a kid waiting for christmas day>>watching the weather and they say snow yipeeeee,,then it starts and you can't wait,finally on the road ahhhhhh,12 hrs later it can stop now,6 hrs later,what the hell am I doing????last flake done and you got mega cash in hand and sleep is finally at hand...nice.....weather man says snow in 2 days....here we go again:redbounce

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

nope, must be just you...

:D

3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

If we ever get some snow, I'll let ya know... :salute:

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You kidding me, I'm having withdrawls !!:dizzy: :dizzy:

5. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Sorry,but maybe it's just me,cause I got a full time job and plowing is taking second seating,oh well enjoy the snow on sunday boys...payup

6. Fredeboy

Fredeboy Junior Member

i'm waiting in great anticipation regardless of plowing being my second job. just can't wait for the snow. like a kid on xmas eve. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

7. 1976 Ranger

1976 Ranger Junior Member

This is my first year plowing and all that i think is LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW. Then i look out the window and boy am i disapointed!

:( David

8. classicman

classicman Member

9 years ago I went 5 days straight without sleep. On day 5 I tore the plow off my truck and ran it over. My ostensible partner took off for parts unknown with 50K of my money. On the way home I had checks flying out the window while smoking a cigarette and was too tired to get out and go get them. When I got home (2wd van) I got stuck 90 feet from my parking space. I left the vehicle where it sat, my dad came over and parked it for me, I was already in bed asleep. I got up out of that bed 30 days later, as I got the shingles. My van was gone (worth about 500 bucks) along with the tools inside it (worth about 25 thousand bucks) because my dad parked it illegally and the tow guys got it.
    You may or may not get rich in this business, but I know for a fact you will always have stories and memories. I'll be plowing tomorrow. How 'bout youpayup

9. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

I have to get up and have the schools and businesses done way early, then on to the private residences. A ten or twelve hour plow day is fairly normal. I am paid by the hour, so I don't care. I look forward to it at first, but by the time it gets past New Years, I am about ready for spring. Our company does pest control and landscaping in the spring/summer/fall, and we earn our years earnings in that period, so I don't really NEED to earn money in the winter. Its nice to have the spare cash and I would go nuts without the plowing....

10. Radguy

Radguy Member

This is my first year, so of course I'm like that:D

And it's gonna snow like a mofo later today and Monday:bluebounc

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Shoot, I get up have coffee and go looking for more to plow.
    I take a son with me and we cruse looking for shovelers. They usually flag you down to plow their drive. A quick $10 for 5 minutes work. Gas tanks are always full this time of year.