1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

emissions for a 1980 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by aldo_45030, Jan 27, 2002.

1. aldo_45030

aldo_45030 Junior Member
    from ohio

I live in cincinnati oh, we have a wonderful echeck standard. i would like to trade my 1978 camaro for a pickup with a 355 mild build. i have no idea if it will pass the e check test. anyway around it? anyhelp would be appreciated.

2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

If it has all of the equipment on it just throw a tune-up on it make sure the gas cap gasket is in good order and have at it. I've had vehicles that I "just knew" wouldn't pass come through with flying colors. It's not all that bad.

Bruce

3. blzn74

blzn74 Member

Re:smog

Out here in California, we have smog rules too, when I had to smog my 74 I needed all the stock equipment to pass the visual inspection , I then had the truck pre-smogged and failed, so I went to the local autoparts store and bought a bottle of emissions passer, garaunteed to work.
    then two days before the smog appointment I used it, and guess what , It worked.

You can try that, go the other route and find a "hot smogger"they will charge up the Yin Yang. I dont recomend it because it'll come back to haunt you later, Like when you have to sell your truck, or reregister it.