1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bachand, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Bachand

Bachand Junior Member

Its gonna blizzard in about 4 hours and my plow does NOTHING!

I heaR MY pump going, but nothing happens, I filled it up with fluid via the square head screw, but nothing happens, PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have a MM1 from 1997, had no problems up to now, and now when it finally is gonna snow, damn thing wont work!!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't you just love it when that happen's? First thing to do is check your grill connector's. Clean them out real good and check all the pim's and make sure non are bent or broken then give it a good wiggle when you re connect them.

3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

is it the infamous pickup tube ....

4. Bachand

Bachand Junior Member

does the pickup tube get clogged? cuz i pushed it through the tough area, and it seemed to "loosen up" now it works ok, after 4 hours of freezing screwing around with it.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, the pickup can get clogged with debris or ice. It sound's like it was froze up so it might have been clogged with ice.What exactly did you do to get it working?

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I'd definitely try to keep THAT plow warm over the next day! Glad you're back in service

~Kevin

7. Bachand

Bachand Junior Member

I just kept moving it up and down until it finally got faster, and seemed to smooth out.

At first it was oinly going up in little jumps, I had to keep tapping it up, and it would move 1/4 inch at a time, eventually it looosened up and seems to run fine now.

Next morning it does the same thing again.

Where are these screens? and how do iI clean the picki up tube?

8. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Heat the resevior slowly--- Try not using a torch-- drain fluid-- if the first stuff you see is water coming out --your filter needs to be cleaned also-- with the 2 weeks of below freezing weather fluid possibly froze blocking the pick-up tube. You can remove the whole pump setup and do this on a bench-- take care when removing the two long bolts not to snap them that hold pump to frame--also be very carefull removing the 4 capscrewss that hold the resevior to the rest of the assembly! A rebuid kit is about 15 buck from dealer. gives you o-ring and filter and pick-up tube . If this doesn't work-- you may need a new pump shaft!-- but start here--if you can hear the pump motor spinning!

Have fun!