1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

emergency

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by traviswalker007, Dec 1, 2006.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

guys im in the middle of a snow storm and my plow wont raise, i hit the button and the plow lights go from high to low beam but motor wont raise??

2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

call the dealer they should be open 24hr on big storms

good luck

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Wires are crossed or backfeeding. Try lifting with the lights off. What type of plow is it?

4. traviswalker007

western ultra mount

i checked what i now, grounds battery ect, lights work fine but when i try to raise it they go from high beam to low beam...please help

5. traviswalker007

dude i will send a check to whoever helps me out....i tried to raise with out lights and nothing???? it worked fine a few weeks ago and i changed batterys... 815-712-4563

6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

did u try calling the western dealer

7. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

or try calling another lawn co

8. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I'd recommend checking your plug in's and all your relays for connection problems. What type of plow is it?

9. Northland

Northland Senior Member

After you changed batteries did you make sure to reconnect the correct wires for the plow to the correct posts on the battery if you have wires there. Im sorry if im only stating the obvious or things you have already checked but im just trying to help. Maybe wouldnt hurt to go back to your wiring schematic just to make sure.

10. traviswalker007

i put a test light on the motor relay, from the battery to the relay i have power but from the relay to the plow plug i have no light? or will i only get power if i plug the plow cable in.....im so friggin lost here its like 1am and im screwed......

11. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I would break all the large positives and negative cables, clean then and retry.
    Also check the ground bolts.
    On my 04 Chevy the bolts have a coating on them that wouldn't make a good conection. after I hit the file to them it was fine.

12. traviswalker007

did i test the motor relay correct? i have power to the relay but not out...does the plow have to be plugged in to complete the circuit...can i call you???

13. Proscapez LLC

I tested mine with all the electrical connects hook up.
    And mine showed power to the motor and all the valves when I moved the switch.
    I even had good lights.
    But the pump just didnt want to run, and mine was the large ground wire on the truck.
    after i cleaned it it was good to go.
    If your asking for my number, just pm your number as I have free long distance.

14. Mark@NBCTruck

Mark@NBCTruck Junior Member

I know that this is way past your emergency time but here's something else to check/keep in mind. If you remove/unplug your controller be careful when pugging it back in. if those pins don't all connect or get jammed down, weird things can happen. Example, had a unit that when plow was up it wouldn't move left. When it was down and you pushed left button, it went up.
    Just something to keep in mind.

15. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Do you have side to side? In the very least, use a screwdriver to connect the two posts on your solenoid. The plow should raise right up. If this is the case, it is a bad solenoid. This is by far, the most common cause of this type of failure. So common, that we carry extra solenoids with us in case they go down. It is just too easy of a fix to do right out there in the field. As a matter of fact, it MAY just be your connection to the solenoid.

16. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Hey sorry to hear that your plow is not working, if you were alittle closer i would come back you up.

17. Proscapez LLC

I talked him thru it earlier, and he got it working.

18. Northland

Northland Senior Member

What was the problem?

19. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

oh man that guy had some problems where was he that he had a storm? im in friggen jersey and its like flippin 60 out
    i need snowww:cry:

what was wrong with the plow

20. traviswalker007

Thanks

I cant tell you how much I apreaciate your help Lawns and More, you were on the phone with me for about 3 hours during a blizzard....man all i can say is thanks, and if you ever need anything anytime just drop me a line...you got a favor comming. I just now had time to rest after plowing for 4 days on 8 hours sleep....your on my christmas list bro... thanks again..

we tracked down the problem to the 2 pin connector on the low harness, was a bad ground, stuck a screwdriver on the pin to open it up a bit, plugged it in a it worked...

thanks also to everyone who responded........

tony walker
    Team Walker Landscape & Lawnservice
    Somonauk, IL

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006