1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency parts kit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JoeG3, Dec 7, 2014.

1. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I picked up my first Fisher plow this week and the dealer suggested that I purchase Fishers Emergency Parts Kit (43500) Does anyone have this kit in your truck? Is it worth $150 or can someone suggest which parts would be the most important to keep in the truck.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  2. plowtek

plowtek Junior Member

1-Motor relay 5794 three pug or 49201 fleet flex
    1- 56591 42" hose that can be used anywhere if one should blow
    2 - 28531 quarts of oil

Wrenches 3/4, 11/16, 7/16

Sockets and ratchet 7/16, 3/8, 1/2
  3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

IF u bought a NEW plow from the dealer For $150 I wouldn't spend the money if I were u U should get at least 3 seasons problem free IF u went used or r familiar with newtons law :) than u might want to buy it
  4. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Thanks guys
    Yeah it is a brand new XV2 but I'd rather be prepared just in case.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Changing a blown hose in a parking lot at 3 in the morning is easier than a visit to the dealer under principal.
    Tell him you'll buy it if he'll still warrantee the cost of the parts back when you bring them in under the warrantee period.