1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency Lighting installations

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by JohnW, Sep 23, 2015.

1. JohnW

JohnW Junior Member

Good morning everyone,

I am looking to install some amber lights on my pickup, and was looking to see how others may have done theirs.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

You talking bar, strobe or stand alone?

3. JohnW

JohnW Junior Member

Looking to see how others may have installed LED lighting on their trucks. Outside of the light bar they may have on top

4. 1olddogtwo

5. JohnW

JohnW Junior Member

I'll take a look now... Thanks olddog...

6. 1olddogtwo

No problem, we are all just here to help the new guys.

You'll find a wealth of information here and welcome to Plowsite.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

and welcome to plow site.

ps, plow trucks use warring lights, there is no emergency.

8. there are so many different ways to set it up i do alot of installs from friends maybe i can help what kind of truck ? do you have a sander and what is your price range. and what type of coverage you looking for.

9. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I use warning lights. No need for war, it's just snow :waving:

10. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Hey John,

I have a mini bar on the roof that is my primary but I also have added Feniex Apollos mounted just below the headlights on the headgear for when I am pulling into blind intersections at night.

As a backup (I have a intermittent connection in the bar that I can't find despite completely taking it apart) I have a Apollo dashlight and a Feniex Cobra 400 bar that fits perfectly between the pillar and center seatbelt bracket in my rear window.

Hopefully that helps