1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency kits

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Whiffyspark, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

What do you guys keep on the trucks?

I've got extra springs, elbows, a couple bolts, one solenoid, some elbows and a couple other little things.

I'm wondering what all i should be carrying, short of an extra pump xysport
  2. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Welcome to the site !

1 hose, fluid and tools needed to do the job.
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Check this out from the Search forum.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Many guys carry a complete spare pump in the truck at all times. Saves downtime on troubleshooting and repairing.

But if you're not in a position to do so then throw a spare A, B, and C valve and two coils in there as well, you will need them eventually. If you're running a touch pad controller an extra one of those can be very beneficial as well. Didn't see any spare quick couplers on your list either so be sure to add those.

Basically everything but a spare lift arm and blade. :D
  5. WNYSeasonalSvs.

WNYSeasonalSvs. Junior Member
    from WNY

You could carry a spare plow in the bed of the truck & I guarantee that $2 part that breaks you wont have with you.

Tow strap/Chains
    Electrical supplies, fuses, wire, solenoid, jumpers, tape
    windshield wipers
    Cell phone, inverter, charger
    Extra gloves, boots, socks, clothes.

Basically anything that can easily be replaced in a drive/lot or that you may need to limp yourself back to the shop/garage to make a perm. repair where it's warm.
  6. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

It may not hurt to have a small jack just incase if you need it.
  7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Thanks guys, I've been gathering stuff up and making sure i've had it.

I pretty much have to be able to fix it there.. I'm plowing about 40 minutes from home in clear weather, It can be up to a 2 hour drive in snow